Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Power of Dogs

Isn't it amazing how powerful the bond we have with our dogs can be?

I mean- I was having a HORRIBLE day today-- one of those days that makes you wonder who you pissed off "Upstairs" to ruin your life so badly-- A real " I hate myself, my life and everyone in it" kind of day---- know what I mean??

But...Tuesday is Rally Training night~ and it was Bugsy's last Rally class. Plus, I had to bake frigging Cookies to celebrate Bugsy's birthday- of all things- to take to class. (I bet you can tell how much I felt like doing that!)

I SERIOUSLY did not want to go to class- Hey- I didn't even want to get dressed today! But for Bugsy I went- after all, it wasn't HIS fault I was in such a funk- and he does like to go to training.

Somehow- Bugsy knew I was in a bad mood- and he did everything his little blue brain could think of to improve my mood! He worked BEAUTIFULLY~ He "grinned" at me and wagged his tail; jumped and woofed and danced so he could make me smile. While we waited between runs, he jumped up on the bench and sat beside me, shared treats, and gave me cardi-kisses!

Now- please tell me-- how can I stay in a bad mood when I am lucky enough to own such a wonderful dog??

2 comments:

  1. Oh so true! Dogs DO know when you've had a bad day. They can always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. . . . and it's why the Cardis make such great therapy dogs. They can always spot the person who needs them the most.

    ReplyDelete