Wednesday, April 21, 2010

CWCCA National Time...

Are you getting excited yet? It's almost time for the CWCCA National Specialty!!

GULP!!

Two or three years ago, when I was asked to do the Juniors Program, and then a few minutes later, "Hey Kathy, you'll do RV Parking, right?"-- it didn't seem like such a big deal! After all- I was working full-time; my job was secure (or so I thought)- I would be on vacation- I would have lots of help(!!) and it WAS the local specialty!!

Fast forward to 2010... Perhaps I should have titled this Blog... My, how times have changed...

Less than a week until THE BIG EVENT...

1) I am unemployed~ However, instead of being on an unending vacation- I am in school full time, and our Nationals just happen to fall two weeks before Final Exams for Spring Semester. If you remember back to your college days, that means that our National falls during the LAST week of classes. The week I get back from the Nationals will be what they nicely call "Reading Week"~ which actually means your last ditch chance to get any and all assignments in to the professors in for grading...

What this has meant to preparation for the National has meant several bouts of absolute PANIC! Like- OMG- I am NEVER going to get all this CRAP done in time to leave- kind of panic!

Not to mention that I have been carrying 18 credits this semester; I mean- SERIOUSLY- only CRAZY people do that!!

2) The Good news is I have had quite a bit of help from other CWCCA Members and friends to pull this together- and I may actually survive this experience with some semblence of sanity.

That is, providing that nothing else goes wrong in the meantime...

Between school, my husband, my petsitter, my children, my car-- and the RV parking issues and the Juniors gifts and whatever else seems to not be cooperating... it does seem like there are forces bigger than me trying to keep me away from this years National Speciatly....

AT any rate... My intention is to have a GREAT time- see all my friends, enjoy all the wonderful Cardigans, and create wonderful memories to keep me going until the next CWCCA National Specialty!

I am looking forward to seeing everyone next week! Travel safely!!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be there Sunday evening. If there's anything you need help with once you get there just give me a holler, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a deep breath...just keep breathing, that's what I'm trying to do, too, as I wrap up everything here at work (or trying to, if our drug database/Central would cooperate!) It seems like anything that could go wrong this week has, and I'm 3 days late in being able to update my 225 stores drug files...yikes! It seems to finally be running, and the boss needs a big report before I head out tomorrow, so working on that now! Need to finish packing the RV, and hope to head out tomorrow afternoon for the long trip East. I think I'll be ready for a few pitchers of Margaritas, bottles of wine, or something!

    See you in a few days!!

    Hugs! We'll make it through this last day or two and then have a blast when we get there, win or lose! :)

    Sherilyn

    ReplyDelete