Sunday, November 15, 2009

Good Time!! Haunted Heart!! G.B. Wiggle!! Sixteen Step!! Tush Push!! Boot-Scootin Boogie!! Chicken Fried Country!!

So...How many of you know what the heck I am talking about? Any secret line-dancers out there? Or is this something you don't talk about?

I used to dance-- Two Step-- Electric Slide-- Texas Waltz-- YEARS ago~ and anyone that really knows me, knows that I love Country music.

I was raised on Country music- Johnny Cash- Patsy Cline- the late and the Great. I therefore raised my children on Pure Country and New Country; as babies they were "two-stepped" to sleep to tunes by Loretta Lynn; Pam Tillis; Reba McIntire.

Fast Forward to 2009...

Since I am taking a bit of a sabbatical from Dog Shows~ I decided that I needed a more "rounded" life. My favorite local Country band, Crazy Heart, sponsors Line Dance lessons at a local community center. Every Thursday evening you can now find Lisa and I at the community center learning the steps to the newest Line Dances--

AND~~ I am LOVING IT!!!~~ I haven't had this much fun since~~ my first Puppy Kindergarten Class~~

Of course, I am also discovering that along with age, comes the inability to remember left from right~ But thats all-good!! The rest of the class is middle-aged women and we all have the same problem!

You know... You really CAN teach an old Bitch new tricks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment