Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Leaving On A Jet Plane

I love to travel- and love to Fly to my destination (although I don't LOVE the airline restrictions post 9/11) I am really looking forward to flying to Nebraska tomorrow morning-

Of course, the #1 reason I am excited is that I get to see my daughter, Jessica, and my darling grandaughter, Amera-- who I have not seen in over a year! It really is horrible having someone that important in my life, that far away!

And, I am really looking forward to getting away-- from the construction; the day-to-day routine- yes- even the puppies!

Hubby dearest just came back from 7 days in Myrtle Beach playing golf- while I stayed home and prepped the new kennel for the contractors, and took care of the 17 dogs! Of couse, because of the upcoming construction- everyone is out of their normal "houses" and back into crates and in unusual places and out of their routines- so "running dogs" has become a part time job in itself!

The babies are now 7 weeks old- and 7 Cardi puppies at 7 weeks is-- well-- a lot of puppy poop- and a lot of noise- and a lot of feedings- and a lot of time!

Bugsy, Sera and Jitterbug are going full bore with training these days- Rally, Agility, Herding and Obedience; on top of a few dogs shows on the weekend and a judging assignment thrown in -- JUST to keep me out of trouble!

Add to that, the regular house work... I haven't had any time to moun the loss of my employment all that much-- or look for anything else while Gus was out of town.

As I said to my mother the other day, I think it was Gods Will that I was laid off before Gus took his golfing vacation- if I had tried to get through that week, and worked full time- I probably would have lost my sanity!

Although there are those that would argue...

Anyway-- to tomorrow I board a west bound flight for Denver, then a 4 hour drive to North Platte, NE, where I get to spend 5 days with Jessica, Amera and my sons, James and Rich, my Mom and my husband-- Oh-- and my Ex-- who I haven't seen since the kids were in junior high. And I get to RELAX

I can't wait!

But- in the meantime- I have to pack

1 comment:

  1. Wow - cogratulate your daughter on her graduation for me. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete