Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Among the Unemployed

Well Damn!!

I have joined the ranks of the unemployed!

When Hartmarx Corporation filed Chapter 11- I knew that things were going to get shakey at our office. But, technically I worked for HMX Sportswear Division- and specifically Jack Nicklaus Golf Apparel- and was told over and over again that OUR division was solid and safe!

HA!!

Not So-- I guess I should have suspected that things were not going well with the bankruptcy when the Lead Dogs let all the corporate Buyers go! In the garment industry- that is a VERY -bad sign! And then, of course, there were the waves of lay- offs! Every week the parking lot was more empty and the phone list company wide was getting shorter and shorter.

Yesterday was my turn~ ahhhh~ but I was not alone!! I was among another 38 in our office and 300 company wide!

Do you know how much I hate job hunting??? Anyone have a winning lottery ticket handy???

No comments:

Post a Comment